Hi, we’re Tava
At Tava it’s our mission to improve emotional health through frictionless, technology-enabled care. We are a new, 100% online mental health clinic that puts patients first by reducing costs, improving quality, and increasing access to therapy.
We already told you we’re new to the mental healthcare space, but what does that mean for a creative leader like you? It means we have a fresh canvas and an amazing opportunity for you to make an impact not only on the lives of our patients but also on the future of our company and culture.
Role vision and responsibilities:
- Build and guide the patient experience vision at every touchpoint through empathy and by putting patients first.
- Evangelize this vision through excellent written, visual and verbal communication to all Tava stakeholders including fellow employees, Tava’s patients, our clinicians, and our investors.
- Build and maintain a full-stack product design process, from blue sky exploration and patient interviews to polished UI designs and detailed UX specs.
- Create fully-featured UX/UI designs for the product, patient marketing, customer marketing, sales, and internal resources.
- Balance freedom with limited resources. Strike the right balance between business requirements, patient needs, and implementation costs.
- Eventually hire and scale an industry-leading, mission-driven design team.
- Be the primary stakeholder of design as a strategy at Tava, and work with the executive team on important business decisions from your unique perspective.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is a designer with a proven track record of leaving products, users, and businesses better than you found them.
- Moves forward on projects only after seeking feedback from diverse vantage points.
- Has a thirst for research and uses data to drive decision-making.
- Recognizes the unmet needs of patients and providers, and finds innovative ways to address them.
- Is passionate about disrupting the mental healthcare space for the better.
- 5 or more years of experience designing products and a portfolio to demonstrate your work.
- Experience working as a team of one, as well as leading a team of other designers.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is desired, but not required.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with previous startup experience is a plus.
This full-time position offers the opportunity for stock options subject to a four-year vesting agreement. Most work will be done on-site in our Salt Lake office with occasional chances to work from home when projects require deep focus or personal flexibility.
Tava is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, marital or disability status.