Licensed Mental Health Therapist - Illinois
Part-time / Contract (remote U.S)
Who is Tava?
Tava Health is a new, 100% online mental health clinic that puts patients first by reducing costs, improving quality, and increasing access to therapy. We are on a mission to improve emotional health through frictionless, technology-enabled care, and we need passionate, qualified individuals to rally around our cause.
The quality of our care rests heavily on the shoulders of the therapists we hire. As Tava grows, our network of outstanding care providers needs to as well. If you are a licensed therapist looking for a flexible opportunity to make a difference, please read on.
Why work with us?
- Let it be no surprise, we care about your mental health and that means we believe in work-life balance. Enjoy the flexibility of setting your own hours.
- All visits take place via online video chat; say goodbye to commuting!
- Team Tava is made up of intelligent, humble, compassionate and hardworking people. Joining the ranks means you’ll have an automatic network to turn to for best practices, professional development, and opportunities to share your expertise.
- We do the dirty work and leave the rewarding part for you. All marketing, patient scheduling, and billing are taken care of by Tava so you only have to worry about what you do best: helping people heal.
- Provide world-class teletherapy to patients experiencing mild to severe depression, anxiety and other possible diagnoses including stress and relationship issues.
- Thoroughly document all visits with patients in the Tava electronic medical record.
- Ensure that your calendar availability is accurate and up to date.
- Keep communication open with Tava’s medical staff including psychiatrists and nurse practitioners to coordinate care for patients who are also being prescribed medication.
- Celebrate patient success and encourage continued healing and growth.
All qualified candidates must have:
- A master’s level degree from a regionally accredited university.
- An active license (LCSW, LCMHC, LPC, LMFT, PsyD, PhD, etc.) from one or more states allowing you to provide unsupervised mental health therapy services.
- Three or more years of experience providing clinical psychotherapy to adults
- Experience and training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and other evidence-based practices.
- Proficiency in intake assessments, diagnosis, and ongoing treatment planning.
- Excellent writing skills for documentation of sessions.
- At least five hours per week of availability to dedicate to seeing Tava patients.
If you check all these boxes, Team Tava is looking forward to receiving your application!
NOTE: Unfortunately, if you are an intern or if you require supervision to provide counseling services, you do not qualify at this time. We are unable to accept school counselors, registered nurses, career counselors, Christian counselors, or business coaches (unless you have an additional license as a mental health counselor).
Tava is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, marital or disability status. This is a remote, part-time, contract position. Therapists must be certified by the state from which they are seeing patients.